Coil binding, also known as spiral binding, is a commonly used book binding style for creating documents, reports, presentations and proposals. This binding style is known by a number of names including spiral coil, color coil, colorcoil, ez-coil, plastic coil, spiral binding, plastikoil and coilbind.
- Plastic spiral is an attractive binding that minimizes crushing or bending.
- It comes back to its original shape when accidentally deformed.
- Crossovers don't work with plastic spiral as one side goes up and one side down when the book is opened due to the shape of the binding elements.
- Black, white and clear are stocked in sizes from 8mm to 20 mm.
- The punch pattern is 4 oval holes to the inch.
- VERY IMPORTANT!!!!! Remember to allow for the punching of the holes. If you run copy to the bound edge of the sheet, type or copy will be punched with the oval holes. Allow at least 3/8 of an inch from the bound edge to allow for punching. Please see the template which shows the hole pattern by clicking on here.